Divorce Decree Modifications

We Can Help

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Austin Divorce Modifications Attorney

Travis County Modify a Court Order Lawyer

Austin, Texas: Legal Help with Divorce Modification of a Decree or Order

Modification of Child Support, Visitation and Custody Agreements

The final divorce decree or final SAPCR Order is rarely the end of the story. Parents previously involved in divorce or SAPCR litigation often find that they need to change or modify their original agreement as life goes on and circumstances change.

Whenever two parties want or need to change the prior court order, a formal legal process is required. This process does not have to be a drawn-out court proceeding, but it is necessary to file a formal, agreed modification order with the court.

The most frequent type of modification is a child support agreement modification, but modifications are also possible with regard to child custody, child visitation, and spousal support agreements. We can help you modify your court order when you feel circumstances have changed substantially and warrant revisiting an issue from your divorce agreement.

As with the original proceedings, there are several ways to approach a divorce modification. The parties can use mediation or collaborative law — rather than engage in possible long and costly litigation. We can help you if you were a client of ours for your divorce or if another lawyer helped you with the initial divorce and now you need this one particular issue handled through the use of our limited scope representation service.

The decision about which kind of dispute resolution process to use for a child support modification agreement can be a difficult one. Our law offices are led by an experienced lawyer who is also a trained mediator and collaborative law attorney.

One of the most valuable services we offer our clients is helping them figure out which type of conflict resolution process will work best for them and their families — both in terms of the family's circumstances and our individual client's budget.

  • Mediation : Well-trained in mediation, Ms. Stanley will mediate child support modification agreements between ex-spouses or unmarried parents.
  • Collaborative family law : In collaborative law, the parties agree at the beginning of the process that they will work together to reach a decision about modifying child support. The parties are represented by lawyers who also commit to helping their clients reach agreement without the need for expensive and time-consuming litigation.

Contact Linda Stanley, P.L.L.C.

We stand ready to answer your questions about child support or any other divorce modifications you may need. To schedule a confidential consultation, call 1-866-930-6377 or 512-961-7607, or send us an e-mail.


Attorneys seeking mediation services with Ms. Stanley send an e-mail requesting a specific date.